Sunday, November 24, 2013

I'm just learning how to do this blog thing. This picture was supposed to go with my first post. It's also my profile picture but is microscopic for some reason (something I might figure out how to change at some point). It's my favorite picture from my fiftieth birthday weekend with all our grown kids, their spouses significant others and two of our grown nieces. As my son in law says "It was epic"!

This picture means some things to me. To begin with... I turned FIFTY and there is photographic proof. Fifty feels good and I think it shows. It feels good from the inside out. Forty took more getting used to than fifty. Forty was a bigger transition. Forty was moving from "the hot chick" to the "woman who looks good for her age".  Something that by fifty I'm used to. Forty was when you thought you might be able to hang onto being young if you got a boob job (which I didn't) or Botox (which I did). Fifty is not that. Fifty is for me. Forty was still for other people.

I have an aunt who, in her youth, was ethereal beautiful. She got old young. In her fifties she let her teeth go bad, let her hair go gray, and wore outdated ill fitting clothing. It drove her ethereal beautiful daughter crazy. One morning over coffee at her daughters house she said to me "Carmen always wants me to fix my teeth and hair and wear nice clothes. I do not care about it. I do not want anyone looking at me. I do not want any men looking at me. Being old is being free". She decided this in her fifties.

I think the fifties will be decisive.



1 comment:

  1. It is subtle, but for me the use of 904L steel combined with rolex replica sale's meticulous finishing and polishing processes result in a case and bracelet unlike anything else rolex replica available. Given how well the Rolex Submariner goes with most any outfit it is sometimes easy to forget that replica watches uk it is a serious dive watch. Water resistant to 300 meters with a rotating diver's bezel, there is a reason why the Submariner is part of Rolex's "Oyster Professional" collection of watches. The dial is rolex replica sale utterly classic (albeit a design which is ubiquitous, after having been copied for decades), and it is very legible. These newer hublot replica watches make use of blue-colored, versus green luminant which is a nice touch that other brands have rolex replica uk followed. Around the dial is the rotating diver's bezel with Rolex's Cerachrom breitling replica sale black ceramic bezel insert.

    ReplyDelete